After Christmas my mom, dad and baby sister were able to stop by for a day and a half. I'm such a knuckle-head I'm always determined that I will take plenty of pictures while they are visiting, but inevitably I forget. While they were here we made sure we hit the little Venezuelan restaurant we recently discovered for my dad, who served his mission there. My mom celebrated her birthday during their visit, and I had fun taking her around to all of the places you can snag free food on your birthday (and then batting my eyes and stealing bits and pieces of her goodies). I made her dark chocolate cupcakes which were intense, even for a die-hard chocolate fan like me. Poor Lyla was sick and cranky the whole time they were here. Apparently they made quite an impression on Eva who has talked about nothing else since they left.
Happy Birthday mom! Apparently only 3 years old too.
New Years Eve Jared's best bud from Washington, Russ, and his wife Christiana spent the evening with us...until they realized how old we were and our non-stop yawns sent them home around 10:30. :) We promptly flopped in bed and started the new year right...snoring. Naturally I forgot to take a picture on this occasion but I'm sure the boys would have just given me the "you're kidding right?" look anyway. WHEW. only 2 more catch up posts to go.....
No comments:
Post a Comment