Wednesday, June 8, 2011

San Diego: day 2

The second day we did what we should have done in the first place: hung out on the beach! Everyone had way too much fun, and by the end of it Jared and I were trying to devise ways to stay an extra day. :)How does the flavor of California sand compare Lyla?

We then cleaned up, (did you guys know sand is impossible to wash off? Oh, I'm the only one that didn't know that?) grabbed some lunch and headed to the temple to look around the grounds. I'm always struck by how peaceful it is whenever you are on temple grounds. Even when kids are with you. On our way out of town I wanted to see the house I lived in when I was little. Does it look the same family? Ignore that poochy-bellied girl out front. Having to eat the kids leftover lunch does a number on the waistline.
The last night we camped in the middle of nowhere, where we all froze to death and rejoiced when we finally made it home the next day.
I had to snap this picture of Lyla for my parents. (Sorry that it's fuzzy) I was apparently a little too careful about not getting sunscreen in her eyes when we spent all that time on the beach so the poor kid ended up with a sunburn that resembled two shiners. I had several people at church ask me if she'd collided with a coffee table. Nope, just dorky me, being dorky!

Vacations are great, but I must say coming home and sleeping in your own bed is too. :)

2 comments:

Daniel said...

So fun! And poochy? Seriously? Come and stand next to my poochy belly and you'll feel like a twig! ;) I love the picture of Lyla eating the sand. I'm quickly getting there with Addy. Maybe they can share a mud pie in July ;)

Daniel said...

Ah! That was from Taylor. I didn't know Dan was logged in! :)