Dog-gonnit. This kid insists on continuing to get older. She is now NINE months! We're on the slippery slope to a year and I am NOT happy about it. Not happy at all. I am loving the age range she's been in the past little bit. Still cute chubby baby, but big enough to interact and show off her funny sense of humor. These days she is referred to as "Flounder" or on very special occasions "Sheriff Woody" by order of Eva who decides what we will all be called on a given day and strictly enforces it. She loves to play and have baths. Her favorite game is plowing head first into Eva's giant pillow lion and the rolling all over it while laughing like a mad man. I don't get the point of the game, but it's a several times per day event. She does not like to play peek-a-boo or really anything that takes mom out of her line of sight. She thinks the most random events are hilarious and is always reminding me to lighten up.
*random side note: Do you know the sign for "all done?" It involves waving both hands in the air like you're pushing food away from you. She can't quite get it, so she alternates waving hi and clapping until we get the point. At least I hope that's what she's trying to convey otherwise she probably is wondering why we keep taking her food away in the middle of dinner!
2 comments:
Holy moley Tara that little girl looks JUST like you as a baby in that second picture!! Man she's growing fast... now I know why Dad always told us we weren't allowed to have birthdays.
Poor Lyla (re: waving and clapping)
What she is really saying is "Hi, everyone, just waving to show how much I love this food, and now I'll clap to thank Mom and Dad for preparing this for me....Hey,where is my delicious food going....?"
She is growing up, that's for sure, and I agree with Megan about her looking like you...with Jared's eyes.
Mom
Post a Comment