Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vacation part 2

After visiting with mom's folks, we headed a few hours north to my dad's parents house in Colorado. My grandparents are ranchers and it was their annual 24th of July celebration, so there was lots to do and see.

Omi spoiled Eva and Shaun David with these teeny frosty's on the drive over.


Ahhh..the parade! Eva's never had so much candy in her life, so naturally she thought it was fantastic.
Abba and Eva going to the hamburger stand


There were more horses to see...
and cows

and...snakes. Dad is so brave. He asked if the kids would like to see one, so he just marched through some tall grass and grabbed one...while he was wearing flip flops! I was impressed.
I'm just trying to prevent her from squishing it to death.
Eva also experienced her first merry-go-round! She's blowing kisses here. What a flirt.
It was so fun sharing some of my childhood experiences with Eva. I can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Megan G said...

I love Eva's facial expression hanging on the fence... she looks so content.

Cyndy said...

Your dad was so set on showing his grandchildren those cows. I know he'll love that picture.

Mom