Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Raise the roof!

.....or the ceiling in our case. Raising the dropped ceiling has been the project that has REALLY put us behind schedule on the house, but thankfully, it's DONE. The ceiling was dropped in the kitchen, for no apparent reason at all, and in the hallway, which was chock full of all the air conditioning ducts. Thank goodness Jared knew how to raise all that stuff....and that he didn't complain about going over the the house at 5 a.m for TWO weeks to work on it before work...and that he didn't give me a hard time about ME being the one who wanted to raise it in the first place. I'll admit, when he wanted to move the wall between the laundry room and kitchen 4.5 inches so that the kitchen sink would be centered....I complained...and that only took an hour or so! (That was BEFORE he had to spend all this time on the ceiling. I've kept my mouth shut since.)

The kitchen and dropped ceiling before:


The new kitchen ceiling! (thanks for the help Andrew!)
Workin' away on the hall ceiling....


3 comments:

Amy S. said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I can't wait to see the rest as you get it done. How exciting!

Megan G said...

Dang it's amazing to see the difference! You guys are so handy.

Megan G said...

By the way, now all I can think of is you raising the roof St. Louis style. I think you should teach Eva how to do that.