Sunday, March 1, 2009

The House

ALLLLright....

I have to admit something. I'm really truly embarrassed to show pictures of this house. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to have it, but quite frankly, it needs a LOT of work. I'm just worried no one will come and visit if they see the before pictures! It's a plain old 3 bed 2 bath ranch style house about a mile and a half from where we currently are. My favorite part of the house is that it's on a 1/4 acre, which probably doesn't seem that big, but it's huge for this area. We hope to take care of the kitchen, hardwood flooring and main bath prior to moving in (in May), along with a slew of smaller fix-ups, but the rest of it will have to slowly be done over the next year (or two). Anyway, here it is! I'll post more pictures as projects get completed.


I insisted on a picture in front of the house, even if it is cheesy. I mean you only buy your first house once right? I hope to get that brick arch thing taken out.....

Here's the kitchen upon moving in:

And here's the kitchen 3 hours later....


Here's Eva telling us all about what the backyard needs. :)


And finally...a picture for my dad. He wanted to see a picture of our oranges! There are two orange trees and a lemon tree in the front yard that have been sorely neglected, but produced some of the best tasting oranges I've ever had.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tara -

We should post that we are now accepting donations. ;)

Megan G said...

Oh my gosh that is sooo cool. It's official. You have a HOUSE. That is awesome. I can't believe you already tore down the kitchen!! Oh, that's right. You're married to Jared, why is that such a surprise? Your backyard is HUGE! Oh man, so exciting! Congrats again, you guys. And I think the house looks cute, you shouldn't be embarrassed at all! But I know you will make it look even awesome-er.

Megan G said...

You should put Eva to work selling your oranges and lemons out front to make some extra cash Jared.

taylor said...

Okay. C'mon Tara! That kitchen was SO cute and stylish! Why did you tear it down!? ;) <-- (That's a BIG wink!)

Congrats again on getting a house! How exciting! Have fun getting it just the way you like it! :)

Cyndy said...

Do you mean that Jared took all that stuff down in just 3 hours? That's incredible! Now lets see how long it takes to put another kitchen in there! And I don't know what you are embarrassed about...unless I'm suppose to be embarrassed about several of the places I've lived and am just too dumb to know that! I like you house, and I'm excited for you guys. Eva looks like she's saying in the backyard picture..."and over here will be my magnificent, three-story playground..."

Mom/Cyndy/Omi

Unknown said...

HOLY COW! That's a huge backyard and so much grass. Now you're going to need a lawnmower or a goat! We're SO jealous that you have fruit trees with fruit on them.

I'm looking at the after picture and am wondering where that door came from. I didn't see one in the kitchen before...

Let us know if/when you need help, 'cause we'll come up and give you a hand; I think it would be fun!