Monday, January 26, 2009

Patience is a virtue...that I simply don't have.

We've been looking at houses recently and finally found one that we thought would work for us. We put in an offer last Tuesday and we STILL haven't heard anything. It's driving me nuts! Our real estate agent has been calling us every day since Thursday saying "they're telling me they'll have an answer for us TODAY", which certainly doesn't help my patience. And of course the longer I wait the more convinced I am that I really want this house. Oh yeah...and did I mention that someone else put in an offer the same day we did? So now I'm nervous in conjunction with being impatient, which has made me cranky and inattentive all week! (IF we end up getting this one, i'll post pictures....you'll all be laughing at the old fixer-upper that i had my little heart set on!) I have to keep reminding myself that if it's the right house it'll work out. It's just hard to wait.....

4 comments:

taylor said...

Well first I'll say patience is a virtue I also lack. Secondly, good luck! And things really do work out for the best, huh? :) But seriously, I'm with you on the whole patience thing. And tell your agent person to quit calling until they know for sure...with a definite answer! hahah, I would want to choke them for getting my hopes up every day!

Amy S. said...

Oh, wow, that is most exciting! A house...how would it be? And I would be awfully annoyed with that agent if I were you. How frustrating. Good luck and be sure to tell us as soon as you know!!!

Megan G said...

Wahoo! Well I hope things work out... that would be annoying to wait, wait, wait.

Hollie said...

You entered for a chance to win a $10 GC to inspireyourwalls.com
Unfortunately you were not the winner. I am offering a 20% off coupon for
your use if you decide to order from me! You can see all my items at
www.inspireyourwalls.com and the code at checkout is: BLOG20
Hurry, it expires on Feb. 25th. Thanks for entering!