Wednesday, December 31, 2008

my first clothing project!

you know you're an old lady when you're blogging about projects on new year's eve and HOPING to go to bed very very soon. :) but that's another post. my mother-in-law was in town for part of a day and offered to help me get going on sewing Eva some clothes. So we whipped up this little dress and I am quite proud of it, despite the many little mistakes I made. I have to say...having someone tell you what to do next rather than having to read those dang directions makes sewing a heck of a lot easier! thanks beth!

4 comments:

taylor said...

Cute, cute, cute! You did a great job! I got a sewing machine for Christmas so I can't wait to get started on some projects. I'm ready to be crafty! :)

Megan G said...

Dang, crafty pants! That looks awesome! Your fan model is beautiful, too :) Can't wait to see the dress on Eva.

Diagnose Rachel said...

So cute! Gotta love Beth's hot sewing skills. She makes every stich seem easy. she also told me labor was like pushing a big desk across a room that you wanted to reaarrange. yes, for Beth. No, for me...with sewing or labor!

Cyndy said...

Tara, I am impressed! You did a great job. I wouldn't have thought it was your first dress if you hadn't 'fessed. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Mom