Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas

I'm finally getting around to posting about Christmas (thanks for the subtle encouragement Amy!). We had a nice little Christmas here with just the three of us. It was fun trying to incorporate traditions from both mine and Jared's family. One thing Jared's family always did was to give every kid a box of cereal on Christmas. It sounds weird, but I guess with 7 brothers having a box of cereal to yourself was a real treat. It turned out to be Eva's favorite part of the whole day. She completely ignored her presents and sat happily munching on the several varieties of cereal that were left under the stockings. We spent the rest of the day eating and planning meals so we could eat some more! Our dinner could have fed a group of 16. Good thing we like leftovers.This was Eva's first encounter with Santa. I don't think she was especially fond of him.


This one cracks me up...she just climbed into the cabinet and closed the door, and then would open in and let us have an earful before going back in.


I had to include a picture of her in the beautiful dress Grandma Beth made.


Ahhh...family pictures..someone always has to look goofy...and it's very typically me.

4 comments:

Amy S. said...

Tom and I are looking at this in the middle of the night while up with Jackson. Tom said, "Tell Tara that her post made Tom happy and that he misses you guys very much. Maybe we can get on Skype sometime?" Thanks for posting, and thanks for letting me tease you :) Oh, and we like the cereal idea. We might have to do that, too.

taylor said...

Love, love, LOVE all the pictures. Eva seriously cracks me up. She's just as crazy as her mother. haha! Anyway, I'm glad Amy kicked you in the bum to get you posting. ;)

Cyndy said...

Well, I've often heard of matching PJ's for Christmas, but matching PJ's and sippy cup? That's what I call high fashion accessorizing! Eva is adorable, as usual, and I think she's going to be the class clown! And tell Beth, thanks for totally showing up Eva's other grandma...the dress is beautiful.

Mom

Megan G said...

I love the pic of Eva jumping out of the cupboard!