Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One Whole Year

I write letters to my kids on the back of the growth/stat sheets the doctors office gives you at their checkup appointments. This is my letter to Lyla from her one year check up.

Little Lyla-

This year has FLOWN. You have been such a joy and it has been amazing to watch your little personality develop. You are such a loving little girl. Whenever I get you out of bed you always 1.) hand me your blanket 2.) lay your head on my shoulder and hum and 3.) pat, pat, pat my back. Melts my heart every time. You are so funny! You love to laugh and love to tease. You love your sister Eva. You say "bye bye" "uh-oh" "da-da" and, your favorite, "was sat?" :) It sounds like you try to say sister, but I'm not sure. You are just now officially sleeping through the night. Whew! You walk, but are not yet 100% confident. You love to eat! We just found out that you are allergic to eggs. :( You think dogs, balloons and bubbles are hilarious. You are a climber! I have to watch where I put the step stool because you utilize it! You also love to rip books; it drives me bonkers. You love to give kisses, but only when it's your idea. We love you.

love,
Mama

2011

2010

1 comment:

taylor said...

Melt my little heart. How come they have to grow up?