Monday, May 17, 2010
Gila Valley Temple
Eva has been very interested in temples lately, so when the Gila Valley Temple open house was going on I got it in my head that we HAD to go. It's a 3 hour drive and the girls did so well going there and back. Eva was super freaked out about the booties they wanted to put over her shoes and she wanted to take off her clothes and swim in the baptismal font REALLY bad. Which she announced very loudly...repeatedly. If it wasn't my kid I would have been laughing my head off. :) And then she wanted to touch EVERYTHING! I can't really blame her for that one though. It was nice to go, but I don't think it was exactly the spiritual experience I hoped it would be for her. Oh well...if nothing else I hope she at least saw that it was important to us that we go.
I wanted to get a family picture in front of the temple, but the battery died after one test photo. So, this is the one photo we have...of me holding Lyla chasing Eva who was determined to get run over. But it is a beautiful shot of the temple!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is such a great picture! And I love little Lyla's legs sticking out. And you could look at your little running toddler his way: Eva was so excited to go to the temple, and hope she stays that way the rest of her life!
Post a Comment