Wednesday, October 21, 2009

one year older

Profile of the now TWO year old sweetheart:

Height: 35 inches (I think)

Weight: 26 pounds

Favorite phrases "NO WAY!" and "PLAY!"

Likes:
1.) Playing...ALL...DAY...LONG, especially at the park. The first thing she says every morning is "WING TIME!" (swing time).
2.) Making people laugh. She'll do just about anything to get this reaction from someone, including strangers.
3.) Being sassy. Example: we've tried SO hard to get her to say "I love mamma". Every stinkin time she says "I....love....(long pause) EVA!" and then she laughs hysterically.
4.) Candy. The kid never eats voluntarily, unless it's sugar laden. I take that back, she'll stuff olives and pickles in her mouth till she bursts.
5.) Baby signing time. This is the only show she'll sit still for.
6.) Her big panda bear. They literally get into full on tickle fights sometimes and it's not uncommon to see her giving it a piggy back ride, pushing him in the swing, changing it's diaper or feeding him. She uses him as a pillow at night.
7.) Her mamma....as long as I'm being the voice for one of her stuffed animals. Her daddy (aka "BAYBUH") ...ALWAYS.
8.) Her cousin Shaun David. I'm not sure this love is reciprocated.
9.) Reading books
10.) Working on things with her daddy and raiding mamma's closet. Her favorite getup is my hot pink high heels, dangly earrings and a drill.

Dislikes:

1.) Meal time. The only way we get her to eat is by saying " eat it like a donkey". Don't ask me why this works.
2.) Nap time/bed time
3.) For mamma to be upset at her. If she does something naughty and I get upset, she chases me around going "hi, hi, hi, hi MAMMA, HELLO! HI!"
4.) Playing by herself
5.) Having her hair messed with



Monday was the big day! In case you're interested, here are the events of the day.

We:

learned how to smile on cue....not too successful

ate a yummy breakfast

played at the park for what seemed like FOREVER, and I still had to drag her away kicking and screaming

enjoyed her very first happy meal

napped

ate blue ice cream at the local ice cream shop

had dinner and cake (use your imagination...they're supposed to be elmo)

opened presents

was harassed even more about smiling on cue. more successfully now

went to bed


Mom finally got to have her cry about how her baby isn't a baby anymore....


4 comments:

Megan G said...

AW happy birthday little E! (PS: SD does love you!)

taylor said...

Precious! Happy Birthday Eva!

ssowards said...

It's like "deja vu all over again"...she looks so much like you did, Tara. Happy Birthday Eva!

Mom

ssowards said...

and by the way...I have no idea why there is a picture of a ferret for my id.

Mom