We have officially MOVED. hallelujah! All went fairly smoothly thanks to a lot of helping hands (thanks you guys). We managed to not fully complete any of our remodel projects. There are a couple that just need a few finishing touches, so I won't post pictures just yet....
Almost a week after moving in this happened:
Poor kid. It's pretty much my fault too. I had swept the floor and left the pile of dirt to clean up once I found the dustpan and she decided it'd be fun to twirl in the dirt pile. She slipped, landing on her hands and knees. Truthfully it didn't look like a bad fall, so I didn't even go to help her at first, but then she started screaming and clawing at her leg and I knew we were in trouble. The x-rays appeared normal, but the doctor was bothered by how swollen her leg felt. He thinks that it's either a hair-line fracture that the x-ray didn't pick up, or a bone bruise. So it's 2 weeks with the splint on, followed by another x-ray to see if they can see anything the second time around. I'm hoping and praying that it's not a break because we are both sick and tired of the splint. We've developed a pretty nice system for getting around the house though...
It's her baby "wheel-chair." Thankfully she loves it and asks to be put in it. I guess she figures that its either that or drag herself around on her belly. It makes me SO sad to see her in the splint, that I regret to say, she pretty much gets whatever she wants. We ended up getting her a cheap little baby doll, which she was SO cute with...at least for the first 24 hours. Then she figured out that she could dangle it by its binky and have her stroller run over the poor thing, which she finds hysterical. I hope this is somewhat normal for a kid her age.
So things are somewhat calming down in the Gardner household and thank goodness! I'm ready for a little less on the "to-do" list.
6 comments:
Poor little girl! And don't feel too bad - we have done MUCH worse to both of our children. I can't believe how fast Eva is growing up. It freaks me out.
Congrats on the move! How exciting to have a new house. I can't wait to see the finished pictures of the remodels. It sounds like you guys have had a ton going on but I'm glad your to-do list has gotten a little smaller. :)
So sorry! Emily broke her leg in the middle of our remodel, moving home stage. She did have a firm cast and could walk a bit. It was amazing how fast she learned to get around...and how to accidentally wack her brother with her cast. :) Em broke hers jumping on a trampoline with several other kids. She landed on the right part of the trampoline, but just hit her foot wrong and broke it. :( Sorry that extra stress was added on to an already stressful move :(
Can't wait to see the photos, those Gardner boys sure know how to make a great home!
Rachel and Grant
Oh my goodness! Eva, I know it stinks to hurt your leg, but those pictures are just too cute! I love her little devilish grin. Tara, you're an amazing mom. Don't worry, everything will get finished eventually! Things look great already.
Poor little baby. But don't we all have to have at least ONE picture like this from our childhood? :)
And how fun to move into your own house! I'm very excited to see the updated pictures, as well. I bet it looks great!
I'm positive that the "dangle the doll by the binkie and let the stroller roll over it" is totally traceable to the Gardner side of her gene pool!
Mom
(But she does make a darn cute homicidal maniac-in-training)
Poor thing. :( I agree with your Mom, the running the doll over must be a Gardner thing. :P
Post a Comment