That was Eva's temperature tonight when we took her to pediatric urgent care. When the nurse told me how high her temperature was, I did what I do best....I started crying. We waited 2.5 hours in the lobby and within 2 minutes after taking her temperature people started rushing into the room to check her out, followed by hushed phone conversations just outside the door. Needless to say, I started FREAKING out. Thankfully it just ended up to be two nasty ear infections and pink eye. I don't think it's fair for kids to get sick.
4 comments:
Holy-freakin'-moly girl, are you kidding me? That is so scary! It's a good thing that kids can handle higher temps better than adults, but still, that is SO high! I would have cried, too. I hope her ear infection and pink eye start getting better. It's so sad to see babies sick and miserable. Use it as an excuse to cuddle on the couch and watch Sesame Street together. :-)
HOLY COW. Good job hanging in there, mama. We will be praying for the little girl. (By the way, like Amy, I definitely would have been crying too.)
I agree HOLY COW!!! Poor thing. I remember getting ear infections and it's not fun. Thank goodness for amoxicillin to make the infection go away.
Yeah, that is scary. Even after 5 kids, I never saw a temp that high. Who wouldn't have been scared to pieces?!
Mom
Post a Comment