A couple of weekends ago we went on a ward camp out, which was fun. I tend to be an overprotective mom so I was trying really hard not to be on this campout. We kept waiting and waiting for the ward production they were putting on, but it got to be 9 and they hadn't started so we decided to put Eva down and then go watch the ward thing. So we did but when we showed up a lady asked me "where's your baby?" so i told her she was alseep at which point she looked at me like i was nuts and said "aren't you worried a bobcat will get her?". needless to say i then felt like a crappy mom and so i just went back to the tent and went to sleep. We're camping AGAIN this weekend so i really should be packing, but i figured the lack of posting was getting to be a bit ridiculous.

Eva taking a bath in a rubbermaid bin
It was chilly!
It was chilly!Anyway, another Eva-related story (yes i am aware that 99 % of my posts revolve around her). I had to take her to the cardiologist the other day to do some tests (her pediatrician thought her heart rate was too fast). You have to understand something about Eva...she's what you might call...an excitable child. She REALLY hates if you try to put something on her that she can't take off (she won't wear socks or shoes without acting like i'm beating her senseless) or if you won't move away from her when she says. so basically she thinks doctors are bad bad people. anyway, we go in and they want to do an EKG. I tried to talk them out of it since we already had one done a few months ago and it was an awful experience but they insisted. So the guy starts putting these stickers all over her bare little chest and belly. she tries to brush them off, and when she can't she FLIPS. she starts screaming bloody murder and ripping them off. so i have to restrain her which makes her even angrier so she starts kicking and trying to BITE the nurse when he gets near her with a sticker. so finally he gives up and calls the dr in. The first thing the dr. does is try to listen to her heartbeat, which is innocent enough i suppose but eva wants none of it. she screams and screams (if she knew any profanities believe me she would have been using them), kicks, spits and bites (don't ask me where she learns this stuff). so he tries to hand her the stethoscope so she can get used to it ... she promptly throws it across the room. a few more tries and the dr literally stands up, leaves the room and said "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!". i thought i would DIE from embarrasment. anyway, i paid $40 for a diagnosis of "i think dr's make her nervous." oh yeah and to be humiliated for an hour. its a good thing she's such a cute little booger. is it possible for kids under one to be true brats?
on to other random news.... I GOT A BOSCH MIXER! i'm so stoked. i'd post a picture but eva busted the camera today. (she didn't like me trying to take close-ups and threw it across the living room) i felt like a little kid buying my first bike or something. the only thing i was missing the the piggy bank being shaken out over the counter. i literally kept giggling while we were checking out. soo embarrasing. we made pizza dough in it today and let me tell you that is one heavy duty beast! i also made mayo in the blender portion just for the heck of it. if i could figure out how to make "light" mayo i would never have to buy it again. it was stupid easy let me tell you.
and finally....
i gave eva a pedicure today. she sat amazingly still for it, which makes me think i should try that for the next doctor visit.
on to other random news.... I GOT A BOSCH MIXER! i'm so stoked. i'd post a picture but eva busted the camera today. (she didn't like me trying to take close-ups and threw it across the living room) i felt like a little kid buying my first bike or something. the only thing i was missing the the piggy bank being shaken out over the counter. i literally kept giggling while we were checking out. soo embarrasing. we made pizza dough in it today and let me tell you that is one heavy duty beast! i also made mayo in the blender portion just for the heck of it. if i could figure out how to make "light" mayo i would never have to buy it again. it was stupid easy let me tell you.
and finally....
i gave eva a pedicure today. she sat amazingly still for it, which makes me think i should try that for the next doctor visit.
6 comments:
Did you get the water warm for Eva's bath camping? If so, how? We had to skip SD's bath b/c we didn't know how to heat up the water... also, that doctor sounds like a jerk if you ask me. I don't think it's that unusual for a kid to freak out when you stick stuff all over them. (I think I may have acted the same way if they tried to do that to me) As for the kicking the nurse thing... I can't really say anything since I did the same thing as a kid (I don't know about biting, spitting, though... way to show me up, Eva!) Was this cardiologist a specialist for kids? or just regular? I think it's silly that they made you get another one and then weren't patient b/c she was nervous about it. SHEESH! I'm mad just thinking about it. I'm sorry you had to go through that!! Anyways... I always say this, but I can't believe how much more hair Eva has. It's amazing! And her toes are so cute! Um, so is that kid a walking machine now too? I noticed shoes off to the side in the camping picture... okay sorry for the novel. I just haven't talked to you in forever!
Oh and I'm jealous about the mixer... you're gonna have to give us some demos!
Well I can't comment much about nervous kids...but I can only imagine. I know how nervous I get when I go to the doctor! I LOVE the picture of Eva looking out the window...it's like "Whew! Glad that's over!" with all the crazy hair. I love it! :) And you're pretty good at the toe nail painting. So cute! :)
I love your random stories and I was happy to see a new post from you. :) Congrats on the mixer! That's super exciting!! You know you're going to have to give us a demonstration/make yummy food next time we're up.
to answer your questions meg it WAS a pediatric cardiologist and as for the baby shoes you saw in the background...she wants NOTHING to do with shoes! we had them hoping she'd realize that sticks hurt, but she freaks if we get near her feet with shoes.
I'm so glad I came across your guys' blog (via Andrew and Morgan's blog). I loved reading thru all your stories, I'm sure they're hints at what we'll be experiencing in the near future. I just put some photos up of Elliana's (our baby - she's out now - the last time I saw you guys and the Gardner clan she was still in my uterus) blessing dress that Beth made, thought you'd might like to take a look, it turned out georgous!
Post a Comment