
Eva has a plethora of these little felt flower bows I made a few months ago when people kept mistaking her for a boy. Due to this I try to have her wear a bow whenever we go out. After returning from some errands I sat down to go through the mail while Eva was happily dragging everything out of the diaper bag. I look over a few minutes later and the bow is missing. So I look for it, but can't find it and figure she's eaten in. When Jared comes home that night the following conversation ensued:
me : "Jared, Eva ate her bow"
jared: histerical laughter "are you serious?"
me: "umm yeah i'm pretty sure"
jared: "you know why i like you? because most moms would be freaking out right now.
me: "why?"
jared: "well it could get stuck in her intestines and she'd have to have surgery!"
me: after a major freak out "do we need to take her to the hospital?"
jared: "nah, lets just keep an eye on her"
so i spent the next week mashing her belly to make sure it wasn't too hard, keeping track of her diapers and digging through doo doo to see if this bow had emerged. Aaaannnnd Jared found the dang bow under the couch a week later.
I think i'm finally starting to understand why mothers like to say things like, "If you had ANY idea what I went through for you!"
2 comments:
Tara! I'm laughing my head off! I was laughing so hard my mom came in from the other room, wondering what was so funny. I read it to her and she liked it just as much!
Oh man, I'm telling you, it's a good thing kids are so dang cute.
You dig in your daughter's POO?! Oh sick. Well, I'm glad you found it! (Tim thought that was pretty hilarious) By the way, this totally reminded me of the time you swallowed a red bead when you were of diaper wearing age and it came out in your diaper. I remember being so amazed at the human body. Aren't you glad I shared!
Post a Comment