Wednesday, July 16, 2008

vacation and routines.....or the lack thereof

(The Gardner Family)


(our little family)


(eva. i just love her)

Over the 4th of July Jared, Eva and I were able to hang out in Seattle with the whole Gardner fam. It was tons of fun, despite the fact that I had to get used to being on vacation with a baby. It was weird to be "on vacation" but still have basically the same responsibilities and routines that I typically have. I kept thinking vacation-y thoughts such as "i think i'll take a nap" or "what are we all going to do for fun today?" and then i remember, oh...i have a baby now! i have to like...take care of this cute little person, even if i am on vacation. weird. you'd think i'd be used to it at this point. I really enjoyed getting to know everyone a little bit better, even though I still don't feel like I know everyone very well. I guess that's what future reunions are for!
Despite my best efforts to keep Eva sane and on some kind of a schedule, she ended up getting sick at the very end so I still had to put up with her waking up 50 bazillion times at night and refusing naps when we got home....UGG. thankfully, she's finally better and we're getting back to the normal schedule...at least until our 2nd vacation next weekend. :)

2 comments:

Megan G said...

Sheesh you finally POSTED!! :) Well and you beat me to it too. Gotta love the little Eva.

taylor said...

Such good pictures! Eva looks so precious in the one of just her! (Well, she looks precious in all of them..just EXTRA precious in that one!) ;) Anyway, I miss you! Hope all is well out in the west. :)